Τρίτη 19 Ιανουαρίου 2010

The - designer knock off handbags




What are you wearing today?

I only wear vintage. I know that sounds ridiculous but somehow I manage to do it. The shoes are vintage Gucci - they were £8 from a charity shop. The belt is Gianfranco Ferre from the 80s, and both shorts are vintage - I think the velvet ones on top are so left bank. The blouse is vintage YSL - it cost £25, which isexpensive for me. The bag was a gift from Lara Bohinc; it looks small but holds lots. My tights are by Wolford, and I have a huge collection. The last time I counted them, there were almost 200 pairs. I would say that tights are an addiction of mine.

Why do you like vintage so much?

I like the fact that you don't know where the items have been, and they always have stories behind them. Also, if something has lasted 20 years already, then it's going to last a bit longer, rather than just for the season. You can't trust a pair of shoes from the high street to last for 30 years.

What's your guilty shopping pleasure?

I love going to an amazing show during Paris fashion week and looking at some of the most expensive and luxurious clothes in the world, but when there's a break I go to a bargain secondhand place called Guerissol. They have rails of old clothes and you can find the most amazing stuff for a couple of euros. It's a real contrast: going to the shows, being polite and drinking champagne, then going to this grotty place to have a real rummage.

Has your style ever radically changed?

I was born in London but I grew up in New Zealand. When I was 14 in Auckland, I tried to wear vintage, but I couldn't do it. I would look in the Salvation Army shop, but I couldn't find the things I wanted. So when I moved to west London when I was 21, I had the best time vintage-shopping.

Do you spend your life shopping?

There was a time when all I did was think about where I was going to go charity shopping that day, and I would never get tired. Now I've got lots of stuff, so I don't spend so much time shopping. I'm not in an accumulative phase any more. Being a stylist you get to borrow amazing clothes for a shoot, and so for a few days you have these things in your possession. I know it sounds really strange, but it's like having your dream shopping spree, because you've chosen exactly what you want. Then I'm satisfied - I've had something for a little bit, so I don't need to buy it.

Do you always wear gold jewellery?

No, sometimes I wear blue plastic, or pink shell. Today I thought I would do that traditional 80s thing - black and gold with red nails, it's a classic look. One of my earrings is by Lara Bohinc - the other from a secondhand bucket somewhere. My necklace is vintage YSL, which I thought was a really good find. I looked on eBay to see what else there was similar to it. I use eBay not to buy more things, but as a research tool - I like to find out what are the cousins of the things I've already got.

Related posts for designer knock off handbags:
leather jacket vest
clothes free
bags backpacks
women's long sleeve rash guard
tee shirts tall

See also for designer knock off handbags:
casual usa
helmet biker
designer handbags brands
crazy tshirts
stores in fifth avenue

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου